Week of September 6th-9th 6. Collaborate(Verb) A. Work together on an activity, especially to produce or create something. B: In class I collaborate with groups, even though I don't like them. C.blogs.adobe.com/captivate/files/2013/08/collaborate-and-learn.jpg This picture is showing people talking and making ideas together.
Week Of September 12th-16th 11. Hypotenuse (Noun) A. The longest side of a right triangle. B. Even though the hypotenuse of the triangle was correct, we didn't know for sure. C.www.mathopenref.com/images/triangle/hypotenuse.gif This is showing a right triangle.
13. Irrational Numbers A. A real number that cannot be expressed as a ratio of integers. B. The class had to write irrational numbers on a sheet of paper for homework, but I didn't do it. C.
14. Rational Number A. A number that can be written as a ratio. B. We learned about Rational Numbers in class today, because it was the only thing we needed to learn. C.
15. Square Root (Noun) A. A number that produces a specified quantity when multiplied by itself. B. Even though the Square root was 3 over 4, the answer I got was wrong. C.
September 19th-23rd, 2016.
16. Elastic Potential Energy A. Energy stored in any object that is bent, stretched, or compressed. B. The boy had a sling shot, which had a lot of Elastic Potential Energy. C.
17. Newton A. The unit in the metric system used to measure force. B. In our groups we all had to measure in Newtons, because we are using forces. C.
18. Force Field A. A magnetic field is a example of this. B. The Earth has a force field , but we can't see it. C.
19. Inertia A. How hard it is to get something moving, stop a moving object, or change the direction of a moving object. B. We have a lot of inertia, even though we have a lot of gravity. C.
20. Normal Force A. A Equal, but opposite force that pushes back when you stand, sit, or push on a surface, so you do not sink through the surface. B. We see normal force when we push on a wall, because when we push in the wall it pushes back. C.
27. Onomatopoeia A.the formation of a word, as cuckoo, meow, honk, or boom, by imitation of a sound made by or associated with its referent. B. The sound "Bang Bang Bang" was scary, even though it was just in omatopoeia. C.www.clipartbest.com/cliparts/nTB/7Kr/nTB7KrK8c.jpeg
28. Alliteration A.two or more words of a word group with the same letter. B. We learned alliteration in class, but we didn't understand it. C.
29. Irony A.theuseofwordstoconveyameaningthatistheoppositeofitsliteralmeaning B. We use irony words in our house, but not at school. C.
30. Figurative A. the nature of or involving , especially a metaphor; metaphorical and not literal B. The figurative metaphor was especially good, but hte teacher didn't aprove. C.